The Grace Mentorship Program is designed to help students develop as individuals in various areas of life, academics, ministry, accountability, and discipleship, etc. This program is structured in such a way that will assist the student in building life-long relationships that are critical to their health as a believer, while serving as a mechanism for Grace to be an active part in the student’s life. Each student must have a Faculty Mentor (assigned by the seminary), a Pastoral Mentor, and a Personal Mentor.
In regards to the student’s file or transcript, the mentorship program courses are 0 credit hours, and are considered as “pass/fail” courses. This means that the student will either “pass” by completing what is required according to the proper timelines, or the student will “fail” if he/she is unable to complete the requirements. These courses do not affect the student’s overall GPA, but is considered on a completion basis. The mentorship courses will be conducted through the Populi system as a way for the seminary and student to know what is required and to maintain proper records of progress and completion.
Each credit student enrolled in a certificate or degree program must complete the mentorship requirements as determined by their specific program. The program is divided into 8 courses (MP01-MP08) and are to be completed based on the student’s certificate or degree plan/program. It is the student’s responsibility to:
- ensure that all forms are submitted on their allocated due dates
- coordinate and schedule regular meeting times with their mentors (e.g. face-to-face, video-chat, phone, etc…)
- keep a simple record of such meetings (e.g. date, time frame, and a basic summary of the areas of discussion). Please note that e-mail communication does not qualify as an acceptable method of completing mentorship requirements.
MP01- MP08 REQUIREMENTS
The program is divided into 8 courses (MP01-MP08) and are to be completed based on the student’s certificate or degree plan/program. Each program requires a specific number of mentorship courses that are to be successfully completed (“pass”) prior to graduating.
- Certificate Program Students (BSC/TSC): Students enrolled in either the BSC/TSC must successfully complete (“pass”) MP01-MP02 prior to graduating.
- M.A.B.S. Students: Students enrolled in the Masters of Biblical Studies (M.A.B.S.) Program must successfully complete (“pass”) MP01-MP04 prior to graduating.
- M.Div. Students: Students enrolled in the Masters of Divinity (M.Div.) Program must successfully complete (“pass”) MP01-MP06 prior to graduating.
- Th.M. Students: Students enrolled in the Masters of Theology (Th.M.) Program must successfully complete (“pass”) MP01-MP08 prior to graduating.
No more than one MP course may be taken at once in a given semester. Upon completion of a mentorship course, the student is not automatically enrolled for the following mentorship course in the upcoming semester; therefore, the student must be mindful to register for the next mentorship course during the proper registration period.
Students should refer to the Student Handbook and communicate with Student Services for further information and guidelines by calling Linus Nguyen at 713.876.6459 or via email.