Master of Arts in Biblical Studies (MABS) – 64 Credit Hours
The MABS degree program at Grace offers graduate-level biblical and theological instruction aimed at providing a solid foundation in the Scriptures. It is designed with a particular focus on equipping those within a broad spectrum of Christian service, such as those in supporting roles within the local church, as well as those within para-church ministries and mission agencies.
The degree typically takes two years to complete and is uniquely structured to provide a comprehensive overview of each book of the Bible and every major category of systematic theology. With fewer electives, this degree program is not designed for those seeking preparation for pastoral ministry or other ministries where the primary task is the teaching and preaching of the Scripture. Only 19 credit hours of this Program are transferable from another accredited institution.
MABS Program Learning Outcomes
Upon successful completion of the MABS Program the student will be able to:
- Explain a comprehensive overview of the basic content and theme of each book in the Old and New Testament.
- Articulate a synthesis of every major category of systematic theology.
- Exegete and apply Scripture using inductive methods and principles of literal, grammatical, historical hermeneutics.
- Understand and articulate the Free-Grace principles of progressive sanctification.
Required Courses in the MABS Program (all courses are 3 credits unless otherwise noted)
Introductory Core – 9 credits
- TH-560 Bible Study Methods (Hermeneutics)
- RS-503 Research Methods, Writing, and Technology
- MS-550 Spiritual Life
Bible Exposition – 24 credits
- OT-512 Old Testament Survey – Pentateuch: Genesis – Deuteronomy
- OT-514 Old Testament Survey – History: Joshua – Esther
- OT-516 Old Testament Survey – Wisdom Literature: Job – Song of Solomon
- OT-618 Old Testament Survey – Major Prophets: Isaiah – Daniel
- OT-620 Old Testament Survey – Minor Prophets: Hosea – Malachi
- NT-513 New Testament Survey – The Gospels
- NT-515 New Testament Survey – Acts and Pauline Epistles
- NT-517 New Testament Survey – Hebrews, General Epistles and Revelation
Systematic Theology – 21 credits
- TH-562 Introduction to Systematic Theology and Bibliology
- TH-564 Theology Proper
- TH-566 Christology and Ecclesiology
- TH-568 Soteriology
- TH-661 Sanctification and Pneumatology
- TH-663 Angelology, Anthropology and Hamartiology
- TH-665 Dispensationalism and Eschatology
Biblical Languages – 4 credits
- NT-670 Fundamentals of Greek Exegesis (4 credits)
Open Electives – 6 credits
M.A.B.S. Course Distribution Summary: