The certificate program at Grace School of Theology is designed for the Christian layperson who desires a flexible and less demanding course of study that will provide a general knowledge of the Bible and basic hermeneutical skills. This one year (31 credit hours) certificate is ideal for those volunteering in the local church or other ministry who want to be further equipped but do not wish to enter a formal master’s level degree program at this time.
All courses required for the Theological Studies Certificate program must be taken for credit (not enrichment) and may count towards any of our other degree programs if the student wishes to continue his or her formal theological education and is accepted into one of the degree programs. Only 9 credit hours of this program are transferrable from another accredited institution.
TSC Program Learning Outcomes
Upon successful completion of the BSC Program the student will be able to:
- Articulate a synthesis of every major category of systematic theology.
- Exegete and apply Scripture using inductive methods and principles of literal, grammatical, historical hermeneutics.
Required Courses in the TSC Program: (all courses are 3 credits unless otherwise noted)
- Introductory Core – 4 credits
- RS-501 Bible Study and Technology (1 credit)
- TH-560 Bible Study Methods (Hermeneutics)
- Theology Core – 24 credits
- TH-562 Introduction to Systematic Theology and Bibliology
- TH-564 Theology Proper
- TH-566 Christology and Ecclesiology
- TH-568 Soteriology
- TH-661 Sanctification and Pneumatology
- TH-663 Angelology, Anthropology and Hamartiology
- TH-665 Dispensationalism and Eschatology
- TH-767 Church History
- Elective – 3 credits
- Elective in Bible Exposition
TSC Course Distribution Summary
Introductory Core…………. 4 credits
Systematic Theolog……….. 24 credits
Elective………………………… 3 credits
TOTAL ……………..……..31 credits