Purpose and Objectives
Grace School of Theology is committed to living, learning, and worshipping as a community of faith based upon the grace of God. Through the faculty, staff, administration, and trustees Grace strives to lead students to a correct understanding of doctrine with necessary skills to communicate the Truth. We live by the spirit of God to love one another, to challenge one another for greater growth in the Lord, and to walk together with integrity in this world. Grace School of Theology seeks to prepare others to proclaim God’s Truth courageously to a world that is in need of hope. We want to glorify God by walking in God’s grace, ministering God’s Word, and equipping God’s people.
As an academic community of faith Grace seeks to guide students:
- To develop a personal Christian philosophy of service and an ethical and spiritual commitment which is based upon and examined in the light of Biblical revelation.
- To grow in an understanding of the Word of God that is textually based, theologically consistent, and scripturally sound.
- To develop effectiveness in the use and understanding of communications, both written and spoken, employing analytical and logical thinking in the process.
- To become a contributor to God’s kingdom in a manner consistent with historical, conservative, evangelical Christian principles, leading and participating responsibly in local church, community, and world affairs.
- To accurately handle the Word of God in ministries appropriate to their calling.
- To grow in understanding, appreciation, and application of Biblical exegesis, Biblical and systematic theology, Biblical interpretation, hermeneutics, history, the church, and global ministry opportunities.
- To prepare students to make life long commitments and investments of their lives in Christian ministries.
- To prepare students for continuing study by becoming acquainted with electronic technology resources and methods of scholarly research.