Hence, we ask you to prayerfully consider supporting this cutting edge ministry of training the next generation in grace and truth to proclaim the free gift of salvation through faith alone in Christ alone.
While we are always thankful to receive donations of cash, whether one-time, monthly or otherwise, there are many other creative ways that you can also support this ministry.
One way you can help is by donating your appreciated securities. Some of the possible advantages of donating appreciated securities are:
- Capital Gains Taxes can be avoided if you contribute long-term appreciated securities to Grace School of Theology.
- If the securities you are donating have been held longer than one year, you can deduct the fair market value of the security up to 30% of your adjusted gross income. Any excess deduction may still be carried forward up to 5 years.
Life Income Gift:
What if you would really like to donate securities, but you are not sure about losing the income you are receiving from the security? With a Life Income Gift, you can enjoy the blessings of making a donation now but still receive the income produced by the security for the rest of your life.
Here’s how it works:
- You select a security to donate. Ideally, this should be a security that has increased in value over the years (the more the better), but yields a low dividend.
- We sell the security without incurring a capital gains tax.
- We then use the proceeds from the sale to purchase a higher yielding instrument and pay you the higher income.
A gift of real estate is another creative way to powerfully impact the future of Grace School of Theology without drastically changing your lifestyle. A gifting of real estate has the following advantages:
- An instant tax deduction for the year of the gifting.
- Avoidance of capital gains taxes when the transfer is made.
- Avoidance of any future estate and inheritance taxes.
Gifts of real estate can be custom tailored to fit your needs and desires.For example, suppose you only own one home. You could specify that you wish to live in the home you donate for the rest of your life. You will still receive a partial deduction in the year you transfer the property, and you will be assured that the property will not be subject to future estate and inheritance taxes.
Or suppose you own multiple properties, such as land that is not being used or an empty rental home. You could donate the non-income producing property to Grace School of Theology, and in exchange Grace School of Theology will agree to make lifetime annual income payments to you. This is a very creative way to turn non-income producing assets into streams of revenue while doing something to advance the preaching of the gospel of free grace in the world.
Another way to invest in Grace is through a bequest. For example, specifying Grace School of Theology as the recipient of a tax-deferred retirement account would allow the funds in the account to escape taxation while being used for a purpose that you desire. Please call us at (877) GSOT-ORG if you have any questions about planned giving.
Pray and seek guidance on how you can become an active and vibrant participant in the engagement of the next generation of free grace and clear truth. Call us to discuss specific areas of immediate and long-term need and how they support your giving/support objectives.
While we strive to give true and accurate information about creative giving, you should rely on the professional advice of your accountant and your estate planning lawyer instead of any information provided herein. Thank you for your support of this cutting edge ministry.
Contact Grace School of Theology at: (877) GSOT-ORG or email.